Sunday, December 7, 2008

Boomer Sooner Baby!



I have mentioned before that in our house we "bleed Crimson and Cream". What that means is that we LOVE our Sooner football. In fact, when my husband and I got married, we had to schedule our trip around OU football.


It was a great weekend to be a Sooner fan. We won the Big 12 championship game, set a new NCAA record by scoring 60+ points in 5 consecutive games, and we will be playing for the National Title.


This is what I posted back on September 9, 2008:


"For those of you who don't follow NCAA football, OU (the University of Oklahoma) is going to have a banner year. My husband predicts (and I do concur), that we will play for the National Title this year. Yes, people, OU is just THAT good!" (http://terrirainer.blogspot.com/2008/09/unexcused-absense.html )


I had forgotten about that, but hubby reminded me tonight, so I had to go hunt that post down. Of course it also mentions a diet (ahem), which I failed miserably, and revisions to my historical romance that I have since thrown in the proverbial sock drawer.


None of these things get me down, because I am currently working on a new paranormal romance/mystery WIP that I have outlined and am so excited about, my laundry is almost caught up (that's a big deal when you have five kids), and my wonderful hubby gave me the most beautiful diamond necklace for Christmas.




I will admit that it was a total Hallmark moment when he gave it to me, and I actually teared up. My hands were shaking when I tried to put it on. Even I get emotional sometimes!


Today life is good...tomorrow I'll fight the battles that life throws at me, and on Wednesday, I am starting an all new Hunky Hump Day post that you girls won't want to miss!!!

10 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

sooners? SOONERS? That's okay. (Can I give a shout out to Penn State, or will you come over and kick my ass?)

I actually DO like the sooners. Shh, don't tell.

Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations on being right--we all love that, right?! And on getting your laundry caught up--I know how hard that is w/2 kids, let alone FIVE!!! But now, did I miss something? Christmas isn't even here yet...how'd you get your present already??

TerriRainer said...

Vodka Mom - Penn State had a really great season too!

Christy - Hallmark moments don't wait for Christmas or clothes...I was just out of the shower, hair dripping wet, with a towel wrapped around me!

:) Terri

Skeeter said...

So glad to hear that occasionally you can be pursuaded to turn girlie girl on us Terri. I knew there was one in there somewhere. Of course the tough chick ghost hunter girl was pretty cool too, I think this one is neat :-)

Jez O Pete. Will the wonders ever cease? Gonna be one heck of Christmas, I can tell.

Best seasonal wishes,

Skeeter

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm jealous.

Of the necklace and the football team.

I'm still shellshocked by the opening two minutes of the Sooners game against the Huskers.

But Bo Pelini is our man. He's gonna get the job done here.

That being said, I hope you're ready for another game.

I hope you don’t mind but “You’ve been tagged!!”

Here are the rules to the Game.

You link back to the person that tagged you.

Share 7 random/weird things about yourself.

Tag 7 people and link to them.

Leave a notice on their comments letting them know you have tagged them. And the game goes on.

Betty said...

Hi, I was sent over by Kat from The Long Road To Heaven, she linked you on her current post.What a beautiful neacklace. Lucky you! :)

http://thejoereview.com/

TerriRainer said...

Skeeter - You thought of me as the "tough chick ghost hunter girl"? I think I'm flattered, but I'll have to give that some thought.

Kat - I'll have to get to that game of tag towards the end of the week, but I'll let you know when it's posted. Sorry about that Nebraska game, always liked Cornhusker fans, nice people (unlike some OTHER teams).

Betty - Glad you stopped by!

:) Terri

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

I wonder if I get caught up with the laundry that my husband would get me a diamond necklace for Christmas. It's really beautiful, Terri. I'm glad you got a Hallmark moment. :)

Rhea said...

What a beautiful necklace!

I shudder at the thought of laundry for five kids. That's scary.

And I will have to say NO COMMENT on the OU stuff. hehe

Unknown said...

EEK! A SOONER fan?! Please tell me you don't engage in endless rounds of "Boomer Sooner" for no apparent reason on game days. Mr. Disorderly does that, and it makes me crazy -- especially since my family bleeds burnt orange and white. Hook 'em, Horns! (Imagine the fun that's been for 15 years....)

Seriously, the first words out of my mom's mouth when I took Mr. Disorderly home to meet the parents were, "He's not an Okie, is he?" ;-)