I originally started this blog to track my writing progress, however, since I am so ADD, I can't seem to stay on topic even HERE!
Now I feel that I must at least post every once in a while about The Crichton Heir, and the progress, or often lack thereof, during the daunting task of revising the finished manuscript.
I think I may have written before about how bad the first dozen or so chapters were. They were REALLY bad. I have now completely rewritten the first nine chapters, and am almost ready to tie them into the original.
The other night, I sat down, and read all of it out loud to my MIL (a big thanks to Lisa, who was here and decided to read the conversations taking place between the characters, using what started as a pretty good Scottish brogue, although it did take a turn toward an English/Irish combo accent before it was done).
When you read something over and over from a computer screen, you tend to miss so much! I had printed it out, and grabbed up my handy red pencil, and made corrections as I went. They were all minor, but boy did they add up.
I still need to make the corrections on the PC, but I feel much better about the so far finished product.
I also wanted to point out the GREAT post on Mary Duncan's site (http://eyesofgarnet.blogspot.com/). She has a FANTASTIC picture of a man in a kilt, well, half way in a kilt, he he he :)...LOVE IT!
Spring break started on Friday for my kids, so not sure how much work I will get done. At least I don't have to get up early, so hopefully I can work at night more often this week. I had the goal to finish revisions by March 24, not sure if I'll make it, but I haven't thrown in the towel yet!