Tuesday, February 5, 2008

REVISIONS HAVE BEGUN

I have started revisions! YEA me! I have revised the prologue and had to COMPLETELY rewrite chapter 1.

The original chapter 1 was a pile of donkey doo....which gave me the perfect start for the revised version of chapter 1...my heroine elbow deep in the stuff!

Sounds romantic, huh? Romantic, uh, NO....funny, I sure hope so.... action, yup, AND there is already a sexual tension building scene w/ our hero and muck covered heroine!

Ahhh, the joys of creating, fun and not nearly as painful as childbirth was.

***Upon closer examination of the previous sentence, I must correct the last statement.....creating=fun either way (g)....delivering the finished product=hard work!

2 comments:

Skeeter said...

Revisions are good ;-) Best of luck with it, send me a chapter sometime, k?

Mary Duncan said...

Hateful! That's what I think about revising. I know it's a necessary evil, but that doesn't mean you have to enjoy it. I do find that if I leave it in a drawer for about six weeks to ferment and I can forget about it (my mind is like a sieve so that's pretty easy to do), when I come back to it, I can see the changes to be made much clearer.

Mary