Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Baby Steps via Blogging


I almost didn't write tonight. It’s about 11:00 pm and I’m beat. I got off work, came home and spent just under two hours on the phone (I may talk more about this in a bit, I may not) and then I took my girls out to buy clothes. Those two need to STOP growing. We stopped for dinner, came home and I watched a DVR’d show while I ate and here it is, this late already. Where does the time go?

As part of my goal to write seriously this year, I’m taking baby steps, which means I’m working on my creative voice by blogging. I’m pretty sure it’s not so much my creative voice that’s getting the work-out as much as my actual voice, since what I've been writing is hardly fiction. But like I said, baby steps.

So, back to this phone call; how nice is it to be able to talk to someone who you actually relate to on quite a few levels? To find out you've both read the same book series (and it wasn't what I’d call one of my “easy read fluff “ series either, but George R.R. Martin) and be able to talk about the characters and whether we thought the author could be having trouble with the direction his characters should be going next...priceless. Can’t wait to see what other random things we may have in common. I think I should do much more listening than talking in the future though. I’m certain I can learn a lot. I will RARELY, if ever, say that about someone. That’s a good thing. No, that’s a GREAT thing!

That brings me to serendipity. Actually, I should say serendipity was brought to me. I think that shall be my post tomorrow; all about serendipity.

*Sorry I have no pictures tonight...just too tired to be bothered.

No comments: