Friday, October 24, 2008

Ghosts Screwin With Ya


How many of you have been on a REAL paranormal investigation? You know, one complete with EVP detectors, infrared cameras, digital voice recorders, LIVE web cams and last but not least, an old abandoned hospital with plenty of activity? Sounds fun, huh? IT WAS!

So many times, choices we make affect our lives. Often it has a negative impact, but other times, the far-reaching positive impact to our lives is phenomenal. I've had a few people that have come into my life that instigated changes that made me who and what I am today.

Joining a "New Age" type group after the beginning of my paranormal journey, which you can follow by starting here: http://terrirainer.blogspot.com/2008/10/and-paranormal-journey-continues.html , I met some GREAT people, just like I have blogging. Marlene had the biggest impact. I love her dearly. If not for her, I would have never started writing again. Our lives have taken different turns and we don't talk often, but I think of her a lot.

Another member of the group was MJ. He lives in Missouri with his wife and kids, and he LOVES ghosts. So much so, that he was a member of a paranormal group here in Oklahoma. This group is pretty cool. They have one of the longest, if not the longest, on-going investigations in a single location. They have a lease on an old hospital that has been vacant for decades. Web cams are set up, along with streaming audio, that you can see and listen to 24/7 on-line here: http://www.researchwebcam.net/ .

On Saturday nights, they have walk through investigations with their team. You have to be a member, or be approved to come. MJ made the trip down one weekend about four years ago and surprised me by getting me an invite too!!!

The drive was about an hour long, and I made it right before dark. It was late in the summer, so the weather was gorgeous. The building is large, imposing and CREEPY! The location is kept secret to try and avoid more trespassers than they already have. The police are diligent about patrolling, and they do arrest and prosecute, so you guys keep that in mind if there are any buildings like this in your own area.

I won't bore you with the play by play, but the place was amazing! There were four of us, MJ, his brother-in-law, myself, and a member of the group who walked through after we arrived. It is mostly dark, they do have a few lights and the web cams set up, but other wise we used flashlights. It has a basement, and five floors. We used the stairwells and even got to go up to the roof. The most active area is the old administration area. Active seems like an understatement.

While in the two adjoining rooms off of the lobby, we had a three inch wood screw going flying over our heads and hit the wall in front of us TWICE! We had glass (there is glass littering the floor from all the past vandalism) thrown and hit the member with us in the calf so hard that it left a red welt. I was standing in one room, with my back to the door watching the three men. Something tapped my arm and I'll admit it, a squeal escaped my lips, as I jerked, a piece of glass fell from my sleeve. Unfortunately, MJ was recording, and he let EVERYBODY listen to that later!!!! So much for being a fearless ghost hunter.

Later, we were assaulted with the strong smell of flowers in a room on the second floor. We stood in the room, and you could feel COLD air swirl around us. Cold like a freezer cold, and it was in the temperature was in the high 80's . The guys had me leave the room and stand in the dark hall, but the smell left them and followed me, along with the cold. They then made me come back and stand in the room ALONE, in the dark, and same thing. IT WAS SO COOL!

I had the best time, and would love to go back one day. I do have other stories that I will share, so check back often this month!

12 comments:

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

How cool is that. Seriously, I think I would have pooped my pants if I had been there with you. I AM A CHICKEN, and proud of it! Survival baby!

I think I will have to sit down and write about my experience after my dad died. I had some things fly at me too. It was surreal.

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Hey Terri, I wrote it, if you want to go take a looksee.

TerriRainer said...

LOL...I had already posted on it when you sent that!

:) Terri

Vodka Mom said...

I love this god damn stuff! Seriously. I want so badly to go on a journey for ghosts! I really enjoyed reading this, and am going to link to the linkey thingey (very technical term) that you referred to in the post!!!

david mcmahon said...

Yes, Terri, I could get into the spirit of the task!

Mary Duncan said...

Very cool, indeed. However, when I ghost hunt now, it's to send them to the other side where they belong.

A friend of mine has a daughter who lost her fiancee. He visits with her (and her mother) often.

Why? she asked me.

Because you want him to stay because he makes your daughter happy.

How am I able to make him stay?

By wishing him to remain here. Where he doesn't belong.

But he makes my daughter laugh when she finds pennies on the floor, or the radio gets tuned to their favorite song, or his picture gets moved to another spot.

But you're not thinking of him, are you? I say. What makes him happy. Wouldn't it be better for everyone to move on with their lives—including him?

I think she's thinking about it now, but it really isn't normal, and it's not right to keep them here because we're selfish.

With that said, I still do find it cool when you see them or feel them somewhere unexpected.

Mary

Skeeter said...

Nice. The cold spots follow you around ... probably because they knew you having a hot flash dear. Some people catch all the breaks.

Skeeter

Anonymous said...

That's cool. I've never done anything like that...and truth be told, I'd probably be too scared to do it! I love reading about stuff like that though!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, Terri! Makes me wonder why hospitals are ALWAYS so freaking cold! I was freezing when everything happened with my hospital ghost story.

Great post. I am really enjoying all of these stories this month.

Abi

Rhea said...

Wow, that must have been an amazing experience. I would have been totally freaked out and scared...but I'd do it. How cool!

Anonymous said...

Blurbed your Ghost Stories on my blog!

Abi

Anne Spollen said...

This is unbelievable cool. Unbelievably.