Monday, January 21, 2008

Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister


As you can see by the title of this book, I had NO choice about buying it. I really wouldn't have cared whether this was the worst bit of drivel ever put into print, I HAD TO HAVE IT!
That said, this is the story of mystery writer, Kathie Williams, who goes to England for a writer's conference. Low and behold, she meets a big ole Scottish dude, they do the nasty, and Kathie ends up staying with Ian MacLaren (previously mentioned "big ole Scottish dude") on his sheep farm in the highlands of Scotland.
It is, of course a bit more detailed than that, however, the best part about this book wasn't the sex...although it was steamy, and when accompanied by a Scotsman w/ a Scottish burr, quite appealing...sorry, I got distracted! The best part was actually Katie MacAlister's quirky sense of humor. DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IN PUBLIC!
I snorted, giggled, and down-right groaned at some of the situations that Kathie Williams finds herself in. There was really no reading this silently. I think the humor is what made this book worth reading!

1 comment:

LiteralDan said...

I sent this as an e-mail in reply to one of your comments on my blog, but it came back to me, so I figured I'd post it here instead:
-----
I just added your blog to my Technorati Favorites, and I saw that your old blog name (Technorati is apparently quite behind the times) indicates your appreciation for kilts. It just made me think about the Utilikilts site I found, which I mentioned in a post back in April (not sure if you saw that one already or not).

You might enjoy some of their amusing commercials portraying kilts as a legitimate wardrobe choice in day-to-day life, which is sadly not the case, methinks.

See you around the blog-o-sphere,
Dan