Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Unexcused Absence

I received an email today from one of my favorite blogger friends. She hadn't seen me around in a while, both here and on other's blogs that I normally post daily on. I think she thought I had fallen off the face of the earth!

The truth is, I've been so very busy! I joined two new writer's crit groups, which I LOVE! I have also joined a blog chain of writers (more on that later).

I started back on revisions for TCH (yes, AGAIN). I also started a ....drum roll please....DIET!

In 38 plus years, I have never been on a diet! It's not that I haven't needed to, I just never really cared. I earned every hail damage mark on my thighs I tell ya! And so what if I won't wear a bathing suit...EVER. But then my husband, Mr. I've had two heart attacks, decided to lose the extra weight. I know from experience that it's really hard to stick to ANYTHING without support. And....since he always supports me when I write, instead of cleaning or doing laundry (as long as I don't make a habit of it, mind you), then I decided to support him.

Now, you might think this is an easy thing to do. Let me tell you....IT'S SO NOT! I had to give up my Pepsi (which I drank a 2 liter a day), and NO CHOCOLATE! That's right, I love my husband enough to give up the two things that keep me up all hours of the night doing what I love....writing!

So, now I am cranky, tired as hell, but I have only cheated the first night (ate a cold piece of pizza at midnight, cause I was STARVING). Today marks one full week. I get a slice of cheese and a slice of lunch meat (yummy Cajun turkey) at lunch and at dinner. THAT'S IT! Well, I can have pickles and mustard with it, and certain veggies. But NO CARBS....

I hope he knows how much I am sacrificing for him...Mounds, with it's creamy coconut, Reese's with the mixture of peanut butter and chocolate mmmm, chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate covered cherries....OMG this SUCKS!

Okay, on top of food deprivation, and a VERY active writing life, we also have the start of not only high school and jr. high school football (which both oldest daughters have to attend, one being on the pom squad, the other a football manager), but we have SOONER FOOTBALL!

For those of you who don't follow NCAA football, OU (the University of Oklahoma) is going to have a banner year. My husband predicts (and I do concur), that we will play for the National Title this year. Yes, people, OU is just THAT good!

On that note, I will end this, as I have work to catch up on, and a Diet Pepsi Max (ick) calling my name.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you haven't in fact fallen off the face of the earth. That would be bad. Very exciting that you jooined 2 new writing groups (how do you find these?)
Fall is busy, busy. And starting a diet on top of all that? I think you just might be insane! LOL No carbs? I couldn't do it! I have given up chocolate temporarily before (the candy bars you mentioned are also 2 of my favorites) but it never lasts for me. I wish you luck with it though--I bet you have more willpower than me! :)

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

I don't care whether it' OU or Texas or Nebraska. (Well, okay, no Kansas.)

Go BIG 12!

TerriRainer said...

Kat....TEXAS SUCKS! In this part of the country you can't say that! Now, Nebraska is okay, the fans all seemed really nice, but Texas fans???? Uh...NO.

:) Terri

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

LOL...

Your response is exactly what I'm talking about.

I live in Nebraska...I love the rivalries in Big 12 football. The Big 12 rivalries are THE best in any sport, any time, any day, any month.

(I have a coworker who is a Longhorns fan who would definitely have words with you about Texas football.)

I'm a Husker fan myself, but if there's a Big 12 team in the national championship, I will be cheering for them... even if it is *shudder* Kansas or Colorado.

It's football season!

TerriRainer said...

Kat

Let you coworker know that there is gonna be a serious arse whoopin down in Dallas on October 11th!

:) Terri

Mary Duncan said...

Cheers to you for your new weight loss plan. I agree wholeheartedly about sharing your experience with a friend. In the case of your husband being the chosen one, even better. It's just a lot easier when you have some support.

Best of luck!

As for football...well, I'll leave it alone.

Mary

Mrs4444 said...

Well, at this rate, you must have wasted away to nothing by now!! How's the diet coming?