Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Is it the Character or the Writer Who Chooses a Name?

It's been hard to concentrate on my current writing. Losing all the writing I had sucks.

On that note, I was going back and looking over some old blog posts and came upon this little number:  Plotting and Character Development (Quin) 

I remember the character; unfortunately, I don't remember the WIP this character was destined for. 

Since I might never be able to retrieve the info from my hard drive, I think Quinn might just shift to the current WIP.

For me, blogging often 'unsticks' ideas — the ones that are just out of reach in the dark corners of my imagination (some might call it crazy; I prefer 'creative'). Names can be a sticking point. I've been looking at old blog posts (I'm sure I've talked about character names in a past post). I didn't find what I was looking for. 

I did, however, find a post about building your fictional world:  Blog Chain Blatherskite (Fictional Worlds)

I can't say this has completely 'unstuck' my inner voice, but my goal is to finish naming and fleshing out the major characters by Friday. Actually, a genre decision would also be helpful. I've started in one genre and ended up in an entirely different one in the end... darn formulas (yes, you were right, Professor Odom).

   ~Stay Nutty~


No comments:

Is it the Character or the Writer Who Chooses a Name?

It's been hard to concentrate on my current writing. Losing all the writing I had sucks. On that note, I was going back and looking over...