Okay, I had a new challenge thrust upon myself as a writer. I had to write a short story, 1000 words or less. Paranormal romance was the genre I went with.
WHAT WAS I THINKING? OMG this is harder than I thought. After an hour and a half, I had my thousand words, but I'm not too sure it's worth reading.
This is for publication (hopefully) in a new quarterly magazine coming out in May. It is a romance geared magazine. I love a challenge, and boy has this been one. I will be getting feedback from some of my trusted comrades, and I might post it here if I deem it worth the space on your monitor that it would take up!
:) Terri
"If you can't be good, be good at it." —My grandmother's parting words of wisdom. A few days later, she was gone. I've carried those words with me ever since. Life's too short not to ask questions, tell stories, chase rabbit holes, laugh at yourself, and occasionally get into a little harmless trouble. Welcome to my corner of the internet. Pull up a chair, stay awhile, and don't be surprised if the conversation wanders from haunted hotels to Highland castles and ghost stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bloodstone Manor
Bloodstone Manor. It sounds like the setting of a Scooby-Doo episode—some crumbling old mansion with secret passages, dramatic lightning...
-
I’ve often wondered how everyone else comes up with their blog chain topic. As for me, it usually falls into the category of what’s foremost...
-
It's my turn to pick the topic on this blog chain round, even though I missed the last one, which Elana started ( http://www.elanajohnso...
No comments:
Post a Comment